Vadeo is a social network, where those with reduced mobility share information on the level of accessibility of their urban surroundings (pavements, public buildings, restaurants, hotels, etc.), in such a way as to enable them to plan their movements nad avoid possible obstacles.
There are currently a great number of people who find it difficult to move around public spaces, due to problems of accessibility. Vadeo proposes an improvement to this problem through:
- A web 2.0 available at www.vadeo.es where users can both post and consult information.
- An iPhone application offering immediate access to the information from anywhere.
Both web and iPhone provide the same functions, enabling the user to:
- Explore their location on the map and see any obstacles and points of interest in the surrounding areas.
- Add any new obstacles and describe their seriousness.
- Add new points of interest, and define the level of accessibility offered.
- Calculate routes on foot to any destination, and show any obstacles present en route.
The application is being promoted and publicised both in traditional media and in public entities, user associations and congresses with the sector.